Search for answers or browse our knowledge base.
What is the difference between a post and an email? When should each be used?
A post is a message published on the student and/or parent Portal by a member of the school staff. Such messages are displayed in the form of a news feed.
An email is a message sent from an Outlook account to the mailbox of selected recipients.
Send a post when:
- You want to notify parents and students quickly (about a snow storm, for example);
- You want to send a general message (e.g., to welcome students back to school or share the quote of the week);
- You want to offer encouragement;
- Your message does not require a response.
Send an email when:
- Your message requires a response;
- You want to attach a document.
To learn more about emails and posts, check out this video (starting at 11:42).