Search for answers or browse our knowledge base.
What are “means” in the SCF?
“Means” in the SCF are any actions, techniques and methods that can be implemented to help the student succeed.
There can be all kinds of means:
- Classroom location
- Distance from other students
- Early start of recess
- Emotional support
- Use of a computer for some subjects
- Use of certain software
- Use of sensorimotor equipment
- Additional readings with parents
- Specific work on one aspect of the student’s learning
As you can see, means can include an extremely wide range of subjects. Anything that can contribute to a student’s success can be listed as a means in the SCF.