Search for answers or browse our knowledge base.
When I record an observation in OIM, what do the parents see?
When you record an observation in OIM, the parents receive a message after 5 p.m. that includes the notes recorded in the Further information section of the OIM observation form.
The parents receive the message in two places:
- In the Messages section on the Parent Portal
- A notification sent to the mParent application.
There are two prerequisites to parents receiving OIM observations:
- Your school services centre must have activated the feature and configured the settings as required.
- You need to click Share with parents when you complete the observation form.
- Help videos: OIM understands your students!